Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES YOUR NAME, “CERTIFIED WOOD PRODUCTS”, MEAN?
- We supply forest products that are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. FSC-C006914
- We carry fire-retardant and preservative-treated forest products that are agency certified.
- All lumber and plywood are agency certified and grade-stamped for easy identification in the field.
- Our untreated lumber is certified HT or KD-HT
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN BUSINESS?
We’ve been supplying forest products to the building industry for over 35 years, adding FSC®-certified lumber in 2000. We work hard to be your long-term business partner so we can bring our accumulated knowledge to your projects.
WHERE DO YOU DO BUSINESS?
Whether your forest product needs call for a few pieces, mixed truckloads, multiple truckloads, or railcar loads, we deliver almost anywhere in North America.
We ship to all 50 states, to our neighbors in Canada and Mexico and to many export markets.
We ship FSC®-certified forest products, including lumber, wood, plywood, sheathing, etc. to all of these locations, too!
Let us help you design and build for our era of sustainability and stewardship.
We make it easy for you to meet the wood requirements of green build programs including LEED and The Living Building Challenge.
|Arkansas||Kentucky||New Hanpshire||South Dakota|
WHAT ARE YOUR DIFFERENTIATORS IN THE MARKETPLACE?
- We stock a wide variety of FSC®– certified wood that is available for immediate delivery. It is stored in a warehouse for protection from rain, snow and direct sunlight.
- We offer custom cutting and milling for rough and finish carpentry packages.
- Our staff has almost 100 combined years of experience in the forest products industry. Most of us grew up in the trades. Our technical and educational backgrounds in wood fiber enable our strong consulting expertise.
- Customers refer us to others because of our solution-centric service and excellent wood quality. We continually hear, “It comes down to quality, price and service, and you’ve by far outshined the guys I’ve previously dealt with.”
- We provide custom factory finishes on millwork.
- We’re successful in sourcing hard-to-find forest products and specialty items, both FSC®-certified and non-FSC®-certified.
- We break units.
- We provide non-standard size of dimensional lumber and boards.
- We help with submittals for green-build program requirements.
- We are a woman-owned business entity.
WHAT SPECIES OF MATERIALS DO YOU SUPPLY?
Our resources span across North America. We supply a wide variety of domestic softwoods and hardwoods.
DO YOU HAVE MINIMUM OR MAXIMUM ORDER SIZES?
NO! We can supply you a few pieces, units, truckloads and rail car quantities. We can break units for you.
HOW CAN WE START DOING BUSINESS WITH CERTIFIED WOOD PRODUCTS?
Call us | (320) 963-1500 – Ask for Brent Rowan (Sales) or Dan Haugen (Purchasing and Sales)
Email us |Brent@Certifiedwood.net or Dan@Certifiedwood.net
If you are in the Minneapolis/ St. Paul and surrounding areas, we can meet with you in person.
We invite you to visit our warehouse to see what makes us your quality supplier of forest products. Please contact us to schedule a visit.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND OUR UNIQUE BUSINESS?
Because of our vast years of experience in the forest products industry, most likely we have helped businesses that are similar to yours. However, because your company is unique, we work with you to learn how to meet your distinct project needs with the right products and solutions. Our customers tell us we’re easy to do business with and are part of their success!
DO YOU HAVE A LIST OF YOUR FSC®-CERTIFIED INVENTORY?
WHAT IS FOREST STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL® (FSC®) - CERTIFIED WOOD?
Sustainable forest management is more than growing enough trees. Growers and harvesters of FSC-certified timber must protect animals and water quality… ban highly hazardous chemicals … minimize clear-cuts … protect old growth and other high conservation value forests … ban deforestation, protecting the loss of natural forest cover…forbid illegal logging …and protect the customary rights and resources of local people and communities!
The work of the FSC changes the wrong question of, “Should we harvest trees?” to the right question of, “How do we harvest trees so we have them forever and for every one?” The FSC certification system is supported by most of the top-ranking environmental organizations. The FSC solution ensures wood purchasing decisions are good for the environment and human health, cost effective, top quality, socially responsible, safeguard our forest ecosystems and mitigate climate change.
Corporations, institutions, governments and commercial developers are increasingly demanding FSC-certified wood in their construction projects to support their initiatives for sustainability, stewardship, social responsibility and climate change mitigation.
If you’d like more information on FSC-certified wood products, please call Dan Haugen or Brent Rowan at 320-963-1500.
When You Think FSC-Certified Wood … Think Certified Wood Products!
WHAT IS THE HISTORY OF CERTIFIED WOOD PRODUCTS?
Dan and Diane want to leave a legacy of responsible forest management and stewardship so that our generation and future generations will have the best performing forests, forever. Certified Wood Products is making a difference – one board at a time!
Dan and Diane manage Certified Wood Products on Christian-based principles. Consequently, integrity is paramount and they never want to waver from operating with the highest ethical standards of honesty, morality, justice, fair dealings and love and respect for the uniqueness of all people.